Thursday, April 24, 2014

St Louis Arch

The St Louis Arch is LARGE.  It is very cool looking and VERY tall! Kate wanted to walk... all the way.... she made it about 10 steps and then Keith picked her up.
We decided that we needed to get to the top of the arch. Sariah and I are painfully afraid of heights so we were both a little concerned. We had to get in these little ball things and ride to the top. It was scary.  Coming down wasn't as bad.
Because of the robot competition, there were about 10,000 robot teams in the top of the arch at the very same moment.  We hardly had room to breathe. But, I managed to get a few pictures of us in the top of the arch.


Keith and Kate at 650 feet in the air....
Here are a few pictures of the view from the arch. Surprisingly, the heights didn't bother me and I wasn't too scared up there.  I did wonder what I would do if they had an earthquake at that moment. Hummm.. The Mississippi:
 The St Louis Cardinals Stadium.  I drove past this stadium two times a day during the robot competition.

Other down town St Louis stuff.
On the way down from the arch, the boys were trying to figure out how the tram worked and what the possibility would be of us all falling to our deaths.

No comments: