Monday, April 7, 2014

Spring happenings

Since the big win at the Robot Competition, things have been a crazy whirlwind. We have so much to do and not much time before we go to St. Louis!  We have been so busy, and  honestly, I have not taken the camera places.  oops.  I have got a few pictures of the latest activities.   Jakob has competed in 2 different piano competitions as well as had a piano recital. Here is the one and only picture I got of any of that.
I did manage to get a little recording of his piece. It starts a little bit into the piece... but if it works, you can get the idea.

 As you can imagine, there has been a lot of talk about robots around here. Kate likes to take the math cubes and use them to build her "bo-bot".   Here she is telling me all about it. Also, note what her shirt says.  Cute and Crabby.  This isn't a joke.  Its a statement.  A very true statement.  She has embraced the terrible 2's. It is terrible for every one. (no, she isn't 2 yet)   Back to the bo-bot......
We have the tradition of making "rolled pancakes" (crepes) for General conference. The kids LOVE this tradition.  Whats not to love?  Strawberries, pajamas, and all the cool whip you can eat!

My kids say that conference weekend is their very favorite.  I like to think its because of the inspired messages. Maybe its the cool whip.

No comments: