Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Ole honest Abe

The homeschooling teacher in me is always looking for an "educational" experience for my children. When I realized we would be in Illinois and Missouri, I had to work in a trip to see President Lincoln stuff.  There was so much to see and we only made it to one museum. If you plan to go to Springfield, plan on spending a couple of days there.  We just didn't have enough time to do it all.
 The museum was pretty cool.  The two films they show are REALLY cool and its worth it to go just for those.  Ya, we  hang with the president and his family.

Should it concern me that Hayden wanted to hang with John Wilkes Booth?

Sadly, we couldn't take pictures in any of the rest of the displays. I know. Dumb. But, they did have this little interactive room for the kids to play in. I liked that.

I enjoyed the Lincoln Museum. I wish we had more time to go to his house and tomb. It would have been cool.  Guess we need to start planning to do that for the next trip.

No comments: