What is the gospel principle? Betsy, a friend of mine plays this game and she and I had a great discussion that helped further my thoughts on bike riding. Here are some of those thoughts. Riding bikes is a lot like life. Some of us seem to have new fancy bikes that make things so easy and there doesn't seem to be any difficulty at all. Some of us have all the confidence in the world and look good riding bikes.
Some of us get old worn out bikes that don't have shifters and going up hill can be almost impossible. Sometimes, that hill is so bad, we have to get off the bike and push it up the hill. Should we feel shame in that? Some of us feel like we have no business even riding the bikes..... who do we really think we are? Satan will tell us "You aren't a bike rider" or make us compare our skills to those around us. I have had all of these feelings while riding my bike. Who do I think I am? Im not a bike rider. Am I in fact, a poser? I have a bike. I even bought a bike jersey. Does that make me a bike rider? Sadly, no it does not. I RIDE MY BIKE. And that fact alone makes me a bike rider. Im not good at it. Im certainly not doing it very well. But, that is like life. Some of us make a mess out of it. Some of us are always hearing "on your left!!" as we get passed by. But, being on the path, and moving my bike forward at all makes me a bike rider. I enjoy being with those I love. Life is a lot nicer when we have someone to share it with. Corrine has joined me on a few bike rides and for that I am grateful.
I love that my bike rides have allowed me to enjoy the beauty of earth around me.
Im grateful for good friends that ride bikes with me. We weren't the fastest but the conversation was so enjoyable. Before our bike ride, I was very stressed and anxious about a few things. After, I was at peace and had found some answers I had been praying for.
Some in life can ride those bikes for 100 plus miles. I was proud of myself for doing just over 13 miles the other day. I guess we all have to start somewhere.
Sometimes in life, you need to ride along with someone.... sort of borrow their faith and testimony while you get a feel for how it all works. Big brothers are good for that.
Im so grateful for my family. I have enjoyed the family bike rides we have taken.
I know I won't be the best or fastest or most skilled bike rider in town. But, thats ok. Im grateful for the chance to just get out there and try.








2 comments:
What a wonderful post! Life lessons from Bike Riding!!
Love this, and how great that the whole family is getting out there and enjoying with you!
Post a Comment