This is the third summer Hayden has participated in "History Camp" and he LOVES it. Every spring he starts begging me to get him signed up. I tried to get him to smile and she said "mom, Im a solider. We don't smile."
I like history camp as well. His commanders teach them to march, to set up tents, to follow orders. Its beautiful. They get a letter delivered by the Pony Express. Hayden enjoys hanging out with some kids and practicing drills.
I think we need a cannon.
Kate is ready to join the military. Im not ready for her to enlist just yet.
The kids also have a tour of the two museums at Camp Floyd. I was impressed at how much Hayden knew. He took Kate and I on our own little tour.
Kate wondered what it would be like to practice playing this piano.
Hayden was a great tour guide.
As much as I love my woodstove, I would not like to have this be the only thing I could use to cook on. Man, those pioneers were tough people!
I had an enjoyable afternoon with Hayden and Kate. Camp Floyd is a small, quiet little place to be. I would almost like to live there.
Hayden comes home so tired! He fell asleep on the way home after he got his discharge papers.
Not long after getting home, Hayden and Kate were out back working on drills and target practice.
I love summer vacation! Who says we can't keep learning things?!
















No comments:
Post a Comment