Watch out for this group of boys. Their older brothers are all good friends and are now off to college and missions. How fast will time go before this group is off to college and missions? I'm sure I have mentioned it before, but time sure flies! I've also mentioned how grateful I am that my kids have such good friends. I need to mention it again. This is a good group of boys and I'm so grateful Hayden has them.
I'm also very grateful Keith came to the aquarium with us! It was so nice! Kate only wanted him. As far as field trips go, it was one of the easier ones I've ever done! There were a few thousand school groups there.... I could have done without that. But, I was grateful Keith was there to spend sometime with Kate.
Corrine and Sariah spent their time with their friends. This was a rare moment when we caught up to Sariah so I had to get a picture of the girls trying to pet the starfish. I have loved the new gospel learning plan the church started in January. We decided to include extended family. So, on the first Sunday of each month, we meet with my side of the family. On the fourth Sunday, we meet with Keiths family. It is fun for the kids to have a chance to visit with grandparents and cousins.
I have finally trained the kids to put things they need from the grocery store on the white board. Corrine put laundry detergent and cheese sticks. She told the other kids that the white board was magic. You write on there what you want and then the items magically appear. Well, Jakob thought he would test it. He added money. Not to be out done, Hayden added Candy. Sariah is really pushing the magical limits of the whiteboard and added books. The please might help with the magical powers.
Laundry detergent, cheese sticks and candy showed up. We are still waiting on money and books. Yes, these Oreos are a thing and yes they were so good. I should not admit that in public, but man. I might have to add them to the white board again. Sometimes we need a good distraction to get through January and I can't think of anything better than Oreo Stuff.
Two field trips in a single week?! Have I lost my mind?! Yes. Yes I have. It is January and I can not be held accountable for anything I do or say in January or February. I despise these two months and Im doing everything I can to just get through them. Kate and I went to the Museum of Curiosity with the younger Fox kiddos. It was a nice way to pass the afternoon. I was so tired, I'm sure I bored Betsy to death, but I did appreciate the distraction!
I got some money for Christmas from my parents and I've been trying to decide what to spend it on. I finally decided this week. I wanted to try something different for my personal scripture study. I got a journaling Book of Mormon and a cute bag to keep all of my personal study books in. I'm 2 days into this new way of study. So far I like it. I can feel an upcoming blog coming where I will share a few little things I've learned. Don't worry, its been nothing earth shattering and I'm sure I'm just figuring out things you all have known for years.
This week we are still deep into robots season. There really aren't any pictures I can share. The entire thing is super top secret. The team is using a new CNC router so its changing the build process.
Corrine has done a large chunk of the designing on the computer and is the chief CNC babysitter. They are just over half way done with the build season. Time is short and panic is high!
It has been a good week, but I am not sad to see it go. I am so ready for March.















No comments:
Post a Comment