Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Pathetic Copy Cat Wednesday

Wonderful Wednesday? A friend of mine blogs every Friday and lists her favorite 5 things that happened throughout the week.  I have been inspired by this. I'm not nearly as creative at naming it like  her "5 Things Friday" though... ugh. Now, I'll just be a pathetic copy cat.  Sadly, copy cat Wednesday doesn't sound as good. The name is a work in progress.  The concept is something I do want to try. Looking back on the week and seeing my blessings will be such a good thing for me.  So, to kick it off, here are a few of my favorite things over the last 7 days.  I felt like I needed to send some cards to a couple of friends. I don't know why or if it will matter to them, but I like cute cards.
Corrine got a long awaited letter from the University of Utah saying she has been accepted and they really want to give her some money in the form of an excellent scholarship.  This is certainly a highlight of the week. She isn't sure if she is going to accept it. She has a lot of decisions to make over the next couple of months.
Jakob got this in the mail this week. He is pretty awesome.
Keith.  Im very grateful for him.  His birthday was yesterday.   Girls, you want a guy that will take time to do a puzzle.  
You want a guy that will spend MANY hours (part time job on top of a full time job) coaching his daughters robotics team.

This week there has been quite the controversy over a commercial targeting men and what type of men actual men should be or have been or something.  If you want to know my thoughts on the commercial, you can ask... but remember, you asked. In the mean time, Im grateful for these men.  They are great examples of what men should be.  These men are showing young men how to behave and they didn't need a dumb commercial to tell them how to be men or that they should inspire young men.  These men hold and honor the Priesthood of God. These men are doing their best and I love them for it.
We have had a good week.  I like this idea of looking back over the week and finding the highlights and being grateful for what I have. Anyone have a good idea for the name of this weekly blog?

No comments: