Tuesday, January 1, 2019

Christmas Vacation

How we spent Christmas Vacation:
We are to the end of two and a half weeks of much needed vacation. It was my favorite kind of vacation. I was able to stay home with my people. We enjoyed the company of family and being able to put aside our crazy schedules for just a little while.  We played games. Corrine Some people cheated and sat on others hands.
Lucy and her brother fought less than other siblings around here did.  Yes, they really are from the same litter. No, I can't explain it. I don't understand science.
Keith got a gift certificate to an indoor gun range. We took Mike and Julie shooting. It was fun, and warm. I didn't get any pictures because I was afraid they would think Im strange. I know, I should have just taken the picture.  We also went out to eat with Keiths siblings. It was a very nice dinner and I didn't get any  pictures... again, afraid of looking weird. I promise to get over that and work on being even more annoying with the picture taking. My kids will thank me some day.
Corrine went to Temple Square with some friends and her cousin. She said it was fun, and cold.
 Kate sobbed and sobbed when Andrew had to say goodbye and get on the plane. It was so sad. And loud. And sad.
 We played and some of us looked better than others.
 Because my people like to eat, they helped grind thirty pounds of beef into ground beef. It is quite the process, and yes, we are still traumatized. We still feel the effects of the sudden death of Juicy.  I will never complain about paying the butcher again.
Im not huge on New Years Resolutions. I do love the feeling of a new beginning and a chance to reflect and focus on a few changes. I have been feeling prompted to really study Jesus the Christ. I bought it just before the Book of Mormon challenge. I set the book down and worked on reading the Book of Mormon instead.  I took the time a few days ago to set up a schedule and goal of reading Jesus the Christ along with starting over on the Book of Mormon. My goal is to finish by the end of June. I'll have to report back and let you know how it goes.  So far, day one is done and went well.
I thought about doing a separate blog about what I learned while reading the Book of Mormon over the last couple of months. 
Because finishing it up was part of my Christmas vacation, I'll just share those thoughts here. Im so grateful for this challenge. Im grateful for the chance to look closer for scripture that refers to our Savior. I was SHOCKED how many scripture verses testified of Christ. I learned so much.
I think I marked something on every single page. Im grateful I used a new book for this challenge. I will treasure this copy for the rest of my life.   I think my favorite were in 3 Ne 22:10 and 13.
"For the mountains shall depart and the hills be removed, but my kindness shall not depart from thee, neither shall the covenant of my peace be removed, saith the Lord that hath mercy on thee."
"And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children." Christmas vacation, thank you.

I have been well fed. I am ready for the new year.

No comments: