It is a good thing I've set this goal of trying to blog each week. January and February are so hard for me mentally to get through. I am enjoying this forced look back at the fun things we are doing. I really enjoy my weekly temple trips. Look how pretty the sky was last Thursday! Everything about the day was so peaceful.
While at the temple, I was also very grateful for the back up camera in the Excursion. Some times it really is the simple things.
Sariah got this blanket for Christmas. Every time she curls up in it, she looks just like a zinger! The kids have never had a zinger and had no idea what Keith and I were talking about. This last trip to the store, I found some and I HAD to get them!
Jakob isn't home very often, but this was one of those rare moments when Kate had to sit with him and just enjoy being buddies. I hope these two will always be friends despite their age difference.
Saturday most of my people were at robots. I had 14 hours to kill with the two younger kids and it was raining outside. I took them grocery shopping and was reminded quickly why I leave them home with the older kids. I have been promising Hayden for days that we would take his remote control car to the church to play. Out of sheer desperation, we stopped at the store and got a remote control truck for Kate.
Hayden is trying to learn how to play basketball so he can play with the deacons quorum at church. If Hayden can do something, Kate thinks she can too. Lets say, she has an interesting basketball technique and I think she ought to stick to gymnastics.
Hayden was a patient teacher and tried to help her. It is hard to teach a student that does not want to be taught.
Sunday evening we did our gospel study with my sister and her kids at my parents house. We are an entire month into this new gospel way of learning and I LOVE IT. I just love everything about it.
Once in a while, parents are allowed to come in and watch a gymnastics class. I was able to do that last night. I did however forget that we had to take our shoes off. I also forgot which socks I was wearing. For about 5 seconds I was embarrassed and then I remembered Im really cool and my socks are awesome.
I did enjoy watching Kate from inside the room instead of standing outside in the cold looking through the window like a sad little puppy. She is now learning how to do the round-off back handspring. I think it helps that the girl has no fear.
We got a phone call at 6 this morning saying that all schools had been cancelled. Thank you snow day! This didn't effect us a ton, except Jakob didn't have to go to the U and because the roads were so bad, Keith went to work late. We slept in, and then shoveled the driveway.
Unfortunately, for my kids, we still do school on snow days! Today, Kate is playing with the WeDo legos.
We finished reading the 4th book of Narnia, Prince Caspian, today. It seems with a snow day and all, it was a good time to watch the movie. We are HUGE Narnia fans but not fans of the 3rd movie. Still, mom says sit on the couch and watch a movie for school?! Ok!
In other news... who am I kidding? Other than robots, there is no other news. My people are working hard on the robot. Keith did say "its too short and fat." Does anyone know if robots can do Keto?
One week into February. I think we can do this! Despite the horrible weather today, I choose to believe spring will come! Please, spring! COME!

















No comments:
Post a Comment