Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Wednesday!

This week we had our first Relief Society activity for the year. I am grateful for amazing women that plan and pull off the activities we have. They all work so hard and I really have nothing to do with it. It was a very enjoyable evening and I appreciated the reminder to be "A woman who knows." Treats and mini-cheesecakes always make for a nice evening!
This is how Kate was watching tv the other day. I don't even ask anymore.
Robots has been so crazy and taking all free time we ever thought we had, or didn't have. I appreciated Keith taking time to humble Hayden.  Hayden has been playing chess against Kate and seems to take some pleasure in beating Kate with her chess-lacking skills. Nobody serves up a yummy plate of humble pie like dad does.
Hayden and Kate are LOVING all of the snow. They  have spent many afternoons playing outside and working on some kind of fort. I am not loving the snow as much, but I haven't considered building a fort.
What? Is it early 2000 something? Gas under $2? I appreciate that.  Well, obviously I do. I took a picture of it like some crazy lady. Then, I came home and had to blog about it as if I were some kind of crazy lady.
Saturday we went to a birthday party for my 4 year old niece. It was a very pink 4 year old girl princess party. At one point Kate pulled me aside and said in a very frightening voice "I DO NOT DO PRINCESS."   Which kid in the picture is mine? The 6 year old going on fourteen goth.
 I tried to get her to wear the crown. I even wore it. She was having nothing to do with it.
Kate and I spent the afternoon at the dinosaur museum. She is pretty fun to hang out with. Just don't bring up princesses and you should be safe.
I saw this at the museum and it took A LOT of convincing to get her to pose for a picture. A LOT. She liked the "x" for PrototypeX.  Yes, that is what it's there for.  Yep.
Sariah spoke at our ward Young Women's  New Beginnings. She did a great job and is a very natural speaker. I'm thinking we need to get her back into speech and debate. 
 Yes. That is all of the young women from our ward that came to New Beginnings. That is about all we have. The ones in the back are the leaders.
We have had more snow than I ever want to see. I have shoveled so much snow.  I wonder if I have mentioned how much I despise February?

No comments: