Thursday, February 28, 2019

Wednesday Wrap Up


Wednesday wrap up on Thursday. That kind of tells you the how the week has gone. It started out with more snow and more cold. I've made it pretty clear my feelings on those issues. Last blog of February. I should take a moment and be grateful for that.
Because of the snow and cold, my people are getting a little stir crazy. The family room has also been turned into a cardboard junk yard AKA remote control truck obstacle course. 
Jakob sings in the University of Utahs institute choir. They were able to perform some of the final songs chosen for the new hymn book coming out. They sang in the Assembly Hall. I think his favorite part was eating pizza in some underground room and using the underground tunnels on temple square. I took pictures of the tv screen because I wasn't able to get to the Assembly Hall.
 Do you see him?!  I'll give you a hint. Far right side back row.  Yep, that's the top of his head.
The girls and I took did some rare girl bonding time at the University of Utah gymnastics meet on Saturday. It was so fun to watch! We had super cheap seats and by that I mean, there was only one row behind us before the wall.  But, the seats weren't that bad.  We could see pretty well. Sorry about Sariah wearing the blue shirt. I thought she had a U shirt but I guess she didn't.  Chalk it up to middle kid problems.  I have since corrected the situation and she is ready to wear the red when we go back.
Corrine and Sariah were at robots downtown, so Kate and I took the train to meet them. Kate had never been on the train. On the way up, she was very quiet and not sure about the entire situation. On the way home, she was much more confident in her train riding skills.  We had to wait till almost the end of the ride for it to be empty enough to breath. It is safe to say Kate enjoyed the train ride.

One of Kates friends has been at Primary Childrens Hospital. Her friend loves PJ Masks so Kate made this for her. Thankfully her friend will be ok and is looking forward to going home!
While the friend was in the hospital we had some of the older siblings hang out for lunch on Tuesday. Everyone enjoyed this! Friends for lunch? Pizza for lunch? Why, Yes!  Thank you for your sacrifices, Greta!
While Greta was providing opportunities for her family to have a vacation this week, she also inadvertently saved mine and her mothers lives. We usually go walking but due to the hospital stay, we were not at our usual walking place at our usual walking time. A cougar however, was there!
 
Corrine and I spent the afternoon at the U visiting with a counselor about what her schedule is going to look like and what things she needs to do to keep the disgusting amount of money they want to throw at her.  I think it is a pretty safe bet to say she will end up picking the U. She feels better after meeting the counselor. Her schedule will be heavy, but it is totally within Corrines abilities.  Go Utes!

 The earthquakes haven't stopped. Now we have cougars. Bluffdale is becoming quite the happening little town. We haven't had a single quiet day and it is becoming quite exhausting.  I have already changed some of my 72 hour kits. Why pack thermals if its July? Why take food, if we go somewhere that has food available? So I've lightened the packs (Except Jakob and Corrines) and switched some things up. If you want to know more, contact me and I'd love to talk about it.

I'm so glad the end of February is finally here! We can put that away and not look back! February was a rough month for me and I'm so very happy to see it go away. Bring on spring! Bring on March! Happier days are right around the corner!

No comments: