I really can not say enough good about this group of people. They are such amazing kids and mentors. I will forever be grateful for my association with them, their families, and such great friends for my kids. While they were away *eh hum* working, the rest of us stayed home. I thought about doing nothing for 6 days straight but in reality, we worked hard! We pulled weeds.
We cleaned out the curb and gutter in the street in front of our home.
We mowed the lawn. We cleaned out the garage! (why didn't I get a picture of that to save for all posterity?!) I cleaned out the pantry. I cleaned out the cabinets in the office and finished all of the post school year cleaning/organizing. I also prepared a stressful lesson (for me, hopefully those listening weren't stressed) for church today. And, I took the three younger kids to church.... all by myself!
We went to pack meeting. It was talent night. Hayden decided to show off his Tae Kwon Do form.
Kate desperately wants to start Tae Kwon Do. She is trying to convince me she knows how to do it.
At pack meeting they made kazoos. Some how Hayden and Kates kazoos got lost..... at the church..... so sad. Fine, Im not sad. I've been with little people all week... I didn't need a kazoo. The scout leaders put together a band. It was a lot of fun!
I was really nervous to receive delivery of our newest animal while Keith and Jakob were out of town. Meet our cow, meatloaf. I shouldn't have been worried about him. He is a very nice cow. I hope he tastes as well as he behaves.
We did have a little fun. My friend had tickets to Dr Kaboom that she couldn't use so we went. I had to leave Kate with my sister, but Kate enjoyed her time playing with cousins. Hayden and Sariah enjoyed their time on a field trip.
I couldn't get a good picture of Dr Kaboom, so I pulled this off his website. Anyway, he was pretty cool to listen to. The only uncomfortable part was when he had to stop the entire show to get mad at misbehaving public schooled kids. Sheesh... and people think homeschoolers are unsocialized....
Hayden told me tonight he had fun this week while we were on our own, but he also missed the other half of the family. I couldn't agree more.









No comments:
Post a Comment