My baby is all grown up! Jakob is now 18! Corrine made the cake for him. Im so glad because I didn't want to think about it.
The kids were all so cute giving him his presents.
Keith and I didn't have a present for him at the actual party. Before you start thinking we suck as parents, let me explain...... we decided to buy him some really good shoes for his mission. I needed him to try on shoes so I couldn't exactly surprise him. So, now you know. We really do suck. Shoes. Mission shoes for a birthday present. Blech.
I never said becoming an adult would be awesome. I think I did Jakob a favor by making his first adult present really boring. Now he won't be disappointed on the rest of his adult birthdays. You are welcome, Jakob. In other news, I wanted to cry when we got the notice from selective service. I've actually been dreading that letter for YEARS. Seven and a half years to be exact.(anything thing to do with the commander in chief?) Happy Birthday Jakob. Shoes and Selective Service. Yep, you must be a grown up now. There is no other way to explain it.

No comments:
Post a Comment