Memorial Day Weekend means PROJECTS! We have plenty of projects and things to work on at our house. Plenty. Keith had Friday off so that means an extra day of work. Friday we spent the day moving and fixing sprinklers, cleaning up the old hay around the AC, weeding, finishing up the garden, and I channeled my mother and got excited with Round Up. The kids helped work on most of these projects. Corrine spent most of the day Friday resting and trying to knock that darn fever out. Friday evening, Jakob had his first official day at work. I should have got a picture of it. Imagine a teen age boy being excited to clean a lot of toilets. Saturday was much like Friday. As we were finishing up with the small tractor, it broke. Kate took charge and got it fixed right up.
Kate was also a lot of "help" cleaning the garage.
Hayden and Sariah LOVE digging holes. A lot of them. In the play ground area. Honestly,. I had been letting them go because they have spent HOURS and HOURS outside playing. Its been fantastic.
After looking at their expert digging skills, Keith decided to have them dig sprinkler trenches. This was great! We needed to move some sprinklers.
Since we do not have a trenching tractor (sorry Keith), this was the trenching crew.
On Saturday, Corrine and Kate had a little picnic in the kitchen. This was the first day in 10 days that Corrine felt like getting off the couch. It was pretty good of her to let Kate make dinner. Kate insisted they wash the dishes and say prayers.
On Sunday we went and visited the graves of Keiths brother & sister in law, Phillip & Season.
Then, we went to visit the grave of Grandpa Schramm. This was much harder on everyone.
We were all grateful for Kate and her smiles while we were at grandpas grave.
We all left feeling especially grateful for temple marriage and for our knowledge of life after death. We are grateful to know that families can be together forever and we just need to try to live right so we can see our loved ones again. We all miss Grandpa Schramm. I miss my own grandparents and Im so grateful I still have my Grandma Cain around. She is such an amazing lady and my kids are so blessed to know their great grandma. We are grateful for the eternal perspective we were able to get a glimpse of this weekend. I love knowing that my kids are connected to our grandparents.
Today we have been busy running chicken wire around the pasture, fixing up the camp trailer for camp outs, and working a little more on the yard. I spent some of the weekend finalizing plans for the next school year. I also got a great plan for chores during the summer. I wonder if we will actually stick to it? Happy Memorial Day everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment