I have a few issues. Im not sure if there is a support group or help for me, but honestly, I don't care. I don't want the help. I am fine with the way I am. There are many issues I have, but today Im referring to my books. I have a lot of books. Most of them are school/education related. They make me very happy. I don't get to read as many as I would like, but sometimes I just sit and look at them. It makes me happy. Anyway, because of my book addiction, I needed to purchase another bookshelf. I bought one just like the other two I had already purchased (a year ago). Ikea failed to mention they are now charging MORE for LESS bookshelf. It doesn't come as a surprise, but it is irritating. You see, I put the new bookshelf next to the old shelf. Do you see my problem? Ya, I have more issues than just books. I was really bothered that the new shelf was 1/4 inch shorter in every direction than the old shelf.
So, Jakob took the shelf apart and we took it back. Then, we got another one. We brought it home and it was also 1/4 inch shorter. Ugh. Keith knows me and loves me. He knew that having these shelves next to each other forever would eternally bother me. Our shelf upstairs is the same height as the old shelf in the basement. So, he helped me unload ALL of the books off of the shelf upstairs and we moved it down stairs.
The new shelf is now upstairs. I know that it is 1/4 inch shorter than the others in the house. I can sleep at night (mostly) because it isn't next to the other bigger shelf. It isn't exactly the same, but as it sinks into the carpet, I have faith it will all be ok. Here is the downstairs all finished... until I buy more books.
Here is part of the mess in the office. Ugh.
Here is the school book shelf all finished upstairs. I have some more books coming tomorrow that will fill up that last empty space. Im happy with the shelf. And, yes, this shelf is 1/4 inch shorter and MORE expensive than the rest. Thank you Ikea.
We are one week into summer vacation and we are ready for school to start again! I think we will enjoy summer... but we are all very excited about school. I love the love of learning! (even if it is a 1/4 inch short)
2 comments:
Love the bookshelves. They look great!
The perfectionist inside of me was about to kill myself seeing that uneven bookshelf . . . and for those who are wondering, unloading, dragging up/down the stairs, and reloading TWO bookshelves was totally worth having the bookshelves downstairs be more or less the same size.
Post a Comment