Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Summer!

Winter seemed to drag on longer than usual. I doubt this is really true, but it felt like it. We are all so happy to have nice weather back. I love the sounds of the lawn mower and the kids playing outside. I love being able to hang laundry outside.  This last weekend, we got the garden started. Hopefully we can keep it all alive! We finally got some raspberry plants started!
We also worked on the flower beds in the front yard. I love how the look when the bark is all fresh and pretty. I also love the smell of the bark. I wish you could smell it through the blog.
Corrine has had a fever of 101+ for SIX days straight now. I feel awful for her. This morning she actually crawled off the couch, found a book, and crawled back to the couch. This is the most awake and alert I've seen her in almost a week. I hope seeing the book is a sign of recovery!
Kate has learned to climb the slide! She LOVES it. Her favorite thing is to play outside.  I can't believe she is big enough to climb the slide all by herself.
 Horrible mother confession.  Im not the best at helping my kids learn to ride a bike. Its terrible, I know. Hayden will be 7 in a couple of months and he has been begging to learn to ride a two-wheeler. Keith helped Hayden. It only took a few minutes and he has it!
All of the kids have learned to ride a two-wheeler on this bike.  It is old, and doesn't work the best.  But, it is an awesome bike to learn on. The back wheel wasn't working great, so Hayden took some time to "fix" it.
 Now, we need to get a bigger bike for him. You are doing great Hayden!
Hurray for summer vacation!!

No comments: