Kate received a concussion doing flips on the trampoline. At the time, we did not realize she had a concussion or how serious it was. Over the next couple of days, her symptoms got worse. She had headaches, her arm tingled, she couldn't remember things or complete sentences. I took her to the doctor and the entire time she cried for Keith and Corrine. It was so sad. She wanted me to send this picture to Corrine.
The doctor talked to me about her doing "high concussion risk" activities. One of those is gymnastics. Before Keith knew the doctor had already talked to me about it, Keith said he felt like she should quit gymnastics. At the time I cried and didn't want to break her little heart telling her she couldn't do gymnastics anymore. When we told Kate, she did cry. We decided to let her try Tae Kwon Do. She was very reluctant at first. Now, she loves it!
Kate is very excited about Tae Kwon Do! She works so hard practicing her form, memorizing the motto and counting in Korean. She is taking this very seriously and has a goal of getting her black belt.
It is so interesting to me how when one door closes, another opens. I am grateful for the impression Keith had. Im grateful after prayers, I also received the same impression that Kate needed to switch activities. We may never know why, but I am grateful for personal revelation.








No comments:
Post a Comment