Tuesday, June 1, 2021

Summer Vacation part 4 Palymara NY

 Next stop, Hill Cumorah. Months ago, when I told Kate we would be seeing the Hill Cumorah, I blew her mind. She did not realize this was a REAL place that people could actually go to. it was so fun to watch her see this place for herself. 




 
This is from our walk down the back side of the hill. This is what the hill would have originally looked like.

After the Hill Cumorah, we went to the Grandin building. This was the site of the first publication of the Book of Mormon. It was so neat to see! 


It was really cool to learn that the Erie Canal went right along side the building that allowed them to use a pulley system and get the new and improved printing press up to the building! This is what used to be the outside wall of the building. 

 



I had never been to the Grandin building before. If you have a chance, take the time to do it!

No comments: