Other than see church history sites, the main thing the kids wanted to see was the Henry Ford Museum. If you are ever in the area, I strongly suggest going to this museum! It is AMAZING and all ages loved it.
This is the first operating public drinking fountin we have seen in over a year. The water was glorious. Yes, it was nasty Detroit water... but at the time it tasted just like freedom. Good old pre covid freedom water.
I spent most of my time at the museum with Kate so I got mostly Kate pictures. Don't think the museum is all about cars. Also, I call these next series of pictures "Blowing Kate's Mind Series." First up in the series, the Constitution. "I've studied that! I know it!"
The actual chair Lincoln was sitting in when he was shot. I'll admit this blew my mind a little. Why isn't it in the Lincoln museum in Missouri?
There are several doll houses at the museum. They are so cute and so tiny.
Have I mentioned this museum is awesome? Go see it. Everything is there. Everything. We did a WWII propaganda puzzle a few weeks ago. One of the posters was this one and it was Kates favorite. Imagine her delight when she saw the poster in the museum. It says "When you ride alone, you ride with Hitler"
After the museum, we needed dinner and Julie had heard of this great restaurant.
We showed up with 12 people and after we all got inside, we realized they were still not serving people inside. Booths were stacked up in the corner of the room, there were only a couple of places to sit, and what had once been his dining area was now extra storage. He had no servers and no dine in eating because our crazy government has decided to pay people more money to stay home on their behinds than they could make being a server. The owner very quickly and nicely said we could come in, sit down and he would do his best to feed us. He quickly got our orders and with himself and a chef he managed to bring us the MOST (large amount) of food and MOST tasty food I have had in a long time. There was so much food and it was amazing! This Middle Eastern man was so kind, went out of his way to serve us, and we had a great conversation with him. If you are ever in Detroit get food at this place. There are only two reasons to go to Detroit.... the Henry Ford Museum and this restaurant. Go to both. I might fly back to visit my new friend.People would have us believe our country is divided and we can not be neighbors. This is far from the truth. This entire trip I have met so many good people. There are amazing Americans out there doing their best to earn and honest living to care for their family. The man owning that restaurant was the biggest example of that. He was there to save his business. He was there living the American dream. He was there to teach me humanity is still good.




















No comments:
Post a Comment