Sunday, August 30, 2020

End of Summer Vacation

 Summer is finally coming to an end. It feels like summer vacation has been hanging around since March. Six months of summer vacation is about five months too long! We wrapped up vacation with...... yep, another hike! This hike hurt in multiple ways. As I've mentioned before hiking with asthma and covid lungs is hard work. This time we hiked to the top of the Y....for BYU. Ya, now you see why it was so painful for this Utes fan? I kid. Mostly. We hiked the Y before dropping Anna off for school. The hike was hard... but it was also pretty cool to get to the top. 

 
Im glad I did it but don't tell my BYU family ;) After the hike, we enjoyed a little picnic near the duck pond on BYU campus. It really was a lovely afternoon and I did enjoy it but it hasn't changed my allegiance.
 
The zipline was a popular activity for all kinds of people over vacation. 
Thankfully, Andrew didn't go back to Michigan. He is going to school in Idaho, but is staying in Utah for an extra week. Kate is happy to have her buddy stick around for a while. 
 
This wraps up vacation! I loved the time off and I do love having family come stay. But.... I also LOVE fall. I love school starting. I love routine and that seems to have been missing since March.

No comments: