I am so excited! It is FINALLY September 1st. I LOVE this day. I love everything about the next 4 months. I am so happy to finally be to my favorite time of year.... and this year has been especially stinky so Im looking forward to some good months. September is awesome! Its finally NOT 100. I know, it will be back to 100 by the weekend... but for now, I'll take low 70's!
This is the picture for my calendar. It sums up everything I love about September. School. Things are cooling off so the garden and plants are happy. I feel so much peace when I look at this simple picture.
The goodness of September keeps on giving! We tried to start school in August when we thought we might be locked in forever with the Covid. We managed to get one day of school in then we took 2 weeks off for vacation. Now, we are actually back to real life in all of its glory. I really am happy. This picture was taken on day 1 before vacation. Notice how happy Sariah is.
Now, after 2 weeks of vacation, Sariah is feeling a little bit better about school. She is starting 11th grade! How did that happen? She is loving seminary because she is a special needs peer tutor. She loves everything about it. She is also back into debate and is very excited and happy to be in the elite class. Sariah is also signed up for piano competitions in October, so lets see what really happens with that. Covid thinks plans are made to be broken. Sariah still doesn't love math, but she will deal with school work.
Hayden is in the 8th grade. He has promised to make this school year smoother than last year. I hope that is the case. He had his first day of beginning debate today and was so nervous about it! He was happy that his BFF Cannon and his cousin Isabelle are in his class. After class he did admit I was right. He loved the teacher and he loved the class. These are all things a mom likes to hear now and then.
Kate is very excited about 3rd grade! I love that she can read all of her books so she is a lot more self driven/taught now.
Kate also started "team green" in gymnastics. She is VERY concerned about this move up in levels because she has not passed off her round-off backhand spring. Hopefully the peer pressure will motivate her to get over the brain block thing she has going on. 


No comments:
Post a Comment