Sunday, September 20, 2020

My favorite things

 Here are a few of my favorite things! We were invited to a little BBQ up the canyon with some ward friends. Ya, ya, social distance, blah blah blah. I don't care. It was SO GOOD for my soul to be with some of our friends that I haven't seen since the first of March when the world went nutsy. It was so good to see friends.

 
Kate got some new lips while at the BBQ. Looking good, looking good.
 
I also experienced something that was so good for my soul that I didn't even know I needed.  Riverton City put on a fireworks show complete with music to honor 9-11. Our world has been so upside down. People are trashing cities and killing cops just for the fun of  it. I feel like things are so divisive. This evening, we socially distanced gathered with like minded people. We watched fireworks. We listened to some of my very favorite patriotic music. I felt so good. So filled. So ready to teach my kids correct American history and so ready to stand up for what I believe. 
 
With all of that strengthening, I got a little crazy. While Trump wasn't my first choice, the craziness I feel when I watch the "other side" trash our country and stamp all of the things I believe in, I had to take a stand. I felt like I needed to declare where I fit in all of this mess. It is time to take and stand and stop being part of the silent majority. So, I did something a little drastic. 
 
My new slippers are one of my new favorite things. I want to put slippers on, but I still need to keep working. Keep standing up for what I believe is right. Keep doing what is right.  
This month I passed day 200 of Bright Line eating. This latest 200 days has been very hard for me. I have had a lot of emotional and physical problems. I am especially proud that I stuck to my goal no matter how bad the day was... and there were some bad ones. I rewarded myself with a new jacket, hat and gloves preparing for the colder weather to come. 
With competition coming up, we had to keep practicing. This time we were cold and wet! I kept raining on us, so practicing wasn't as long or good as we had hoped. But, we tried. 
Did I mention it was wet and cold?
Keith wanted to finish up the "big shed" so he took the little kids and got going on another project.
After the project was completed, we celebrated with a little fire in the backyard. This is a good way to enjoy a perfect fall evening.



September, I love you!

No comments: