Where did the month go? How did I loose and entire month? We have been busy, but I couldn't remember what we did! I actually started writing a blog about 2 weeks ago and realized I never actually finished it. So, here we are at the end of October and I need to do a rushed recap. In my defense, I was a little distracted most of October. I had a funky growth on my lymph node and wasn't feeling well. My doctor got excited and said "unusual" more than I care to hear. The ultrasound tech also used that word. For about 3 weeks we wondered if I had lymphoma or breast cancer. It was a fun month. Finally it was decided it was "just a cyst" and I got a minor "procedure" (that means surgery with no anesthesia) to get it removed. All is well and I'm glad its done.
In happier news, Keith and the kids helped me organize the storage room. I have been working on some food storage goals. Case lot sales make me feel like Christmas morning. Organization of case lot purchases.... even better!
This is something I saw on the internet and it really made me laugh. It's totally where my brain has been the last few months!
Look! I found Covid GOLD! Maybe I already had some, but more is better according to this paranoid masked shopper.
Kate has been busy this month. She got hurt and Keith had the nerve to a barbie band aid on her. THE NERVE to put a BARBIE band aid. It was so traumatic we had to get a picture to send to Corrine so she would understand the injustices Kate is required to live with.
Her life isn't all awful. She did get an answer to prayers! FINALLY a couple of girls moved in 2 doors down from us. They both take gymnastics and are right between Kates age. She is so happy!
The only thing better than good friends, is a good cousin. Kate sure likes Ryan.
Kate did have her first appointment with the orthodontist. Too early? Seems like it. Thankfully she was happy to be there!
Here is the update on Hayden. First off, there aren't a lot of pictures of him. He REFUSES to let me take his picture. So, to his children, I tried. Talk to him about the lack of pictures. I was able to sneak a picture of his very first debate tournament. It was online and I feel bad about that. In person debate tournaments are so much better. Hayden was happy to participate!
I did call his name and got a quick picture of him waiting to go into wrestling. We are both so happy that wrestling season has started again! The mask is a little annoying, but we will do what we have to do to participate in wrestling again.
Sariah update... this girl has been busy. Our ward did a virtual young women girls camp. Sariah mentioned she likes Princess Bride. Her secret sister gave her a different glass cup all month long. Oh my sweet Wesley!!
Sariah had a piano competition. Sariah waited till 2 days before to memorize it. Talk about cutting it down to the wire. She was really worried about this recital and competition. Thankfully, we live in a day of miracles and Sariah did very well! She got superior ratings on all of her songs!! Fantastic job!!
Her duet partner was Faith Fox. They are great friends and have been duet partners a couple of times. I love both of these girls and I love they work so well together! Congratulations on the superior rating girls!
Sariah also had an online debate tournament. She has done a couple of these now, so she is a pro. I don't like the online tournament, but I am grateful they still get a chance to have tournaments and work on a skill.
We also and women's conference for general conference. We could not meet with our ward so we went to grandma Cains and watched with cousins. It was a great meeting and a fun night with the girls.
Speaking of girls, I've been really missing my girl. I am so grateful for Covid though! Because of covid, we were able to watch the stream of Corrine's first baptism. She spoke at it and it was such a treat to watch her speak and watch the baptism. I might have cried.
Oohhh! More tools! Keith rented a stump grinder to finish off the tree project we have worked on most of the summer. This was a pretty cool tool, but man! Those stumps were buggers to get rid of.
Updates on me? I walk. I walk in the cold. Im still trying to loose weight. I've been stuck for a while now. No matter. I walk in the FREEZING cold. It was 16 outside when I went!!
The other day Kate and I came out of our rooms and realized we were dressed as twiners! I love my little twiner. She keeps me happy.
I like October and this one hasn't been too bad.... for 2020 standards anyway.
No comments:
Post a Comment