Summer vacation 2020 covid style looks differently that we had planned. At the first of the year we made plans to drive to Michigan for our vacation! 2020 is teaching us plans change. We decided to vacation with cousins in Zions around the end of March/first of April. Then covid did its things and those plans were cancelled as everything closed. Up until about the first of August, we weren't sure what would happen with vacation. Keiths sister, Julie, and her family waited to hear from colleges if school would resume. When we finally got word they were, Julie and her family made the trek to Utah to drop off their college kids. We then made awesome plans to meet them in Yellowstone! I have never been there! Well.... covid continued to do its thing. Keith and I both got sick with the ole Rona. So, we spent the first week of our vacation in lock down quarantine. FINALLY the health department cleared us to play! So, play we did!! Our first real outing was Frisbee golf. It was nice to be outside... until it reached close to 100. Then I had enough.
Im glad I didn't die. Im also glad I kept moving. The waterfall was BEAUTIFUL. Keith was awesome to help Kate, Sariah and I. He has been my biggest cheerleader with the weight loss, hikes, dealing with the kids, homeschool... what ever I do he is always telling me I can do it.
Sariah and I struggled. We struggled a lot. We were pretty happy to get a picture at the top together. We survived!
Horsetail falls is so beautiful!
Once again, Sariah and I were hiking buddies.
Kate loved playing in the water. She also enjoyed her "victory crackers!" She saved crackers to eat when we made it to the waterfall. Everyone needs a victory cracker.
We loved this hike! I might actually go back and do it again. Maybe.






















No comments:
Post a Comment