Kate has a very tiny mouth. VERY TINY. She also has a lot of teeth. Her baby teeth were not coming out and that was causing troubles with the big girl teeth. After meeting with a couple of different orthodontists and our dentist a couple of times, it was decided that she needed 7 baby teeth taken out.
Kate was super brave and was a perfect patient.
She did not cry until we got into the car. She wouldn't let them see they had freaked her out. Actually, she wasn't upset about pain or being scared. She hated the feeling of her lips and chin being numb.
The panic didn't last long. After a few hours she realized she could stick her tong out a little hole and it was hilarious.
Kate and Corrine made a plan before Corrine left. The kids would save their own money over the next 18 months for a family trip to legoland when the mission is done. As soon as the numbing wore off, Kate said "mom, I need my bucks for my teeth. I worked hard for those bucks."
Have I mentioned Kate is super tough? She was perfectly fine to go to gymnastics the evening of her surgery. She had no problem!
Glad this is done! Now I can start spending my bucks at the orthodontist.






No comments:
Post a Comment