Friday, August 28, 2020

More vacation?!

 When the health department says we can be free and play, we PLAY!  We already had one week of vacation and that wasn't enough, so we are going for round 2. We invited all of the Schramms for a BBQ and a chance to visit with the cousins from Michigan. We had a nice evening. 




Apparently, real life continues even in the midst of vacation. Lucy the dog had a funky growth that came quickly in her throat. We were pretty sure she wouldn't live through the day. We got her into the vet and they fixed her. She is doing much better now. For a while she had some 'straws" sticking out of her neck. She looked like Frankendog.

 We managed to squeeze in a couple of gymnastics classes during vacation. We did blow off a couple of piano lessons... but it was totally unintentional! Maybe vacation isn't good for me. I loose all sense of time and responsibility. We usually do "gymnastics selfies". Its a thing.

Because the asthma, covid lungs were not totally healed, we decided to go on a long bike ride. We went for 22.25 miles! WOW! It was actually pretty enjoyable. I liked it quite a bit and I might become a bike rider. But don't worry. I despise the annoying bike riders that think they are a car and they go on super narrow roads and cars have to yield to a bide on a road. Its insanity and pretty close to my top pet peeve. I'll stick to the trails. I'll keep my annoying pastimes off your roads. 

Covid lungs healed yet? Nope. Lets play KICK BALL! We invited the Fox Family to join us and Im so glad we did. They are always fun to hang out with and good for a nice competition. 

Peter and Kate were our team captains and they picked their teams old school. Here is the winning team... Team Peter!

Here is the not so winning team.... Team Kate.

What can we do that is fun and also air conditioned? We are still getting close to 100 degree days and its been a bit much. Risking all kinds of sports injuries, we decided to go bowling. The masks were dumb.... not needed.... something required. We were the ONLY ONES in the building. Oh well, we sported the masks and bowled like people that only go bowling once a year or so. 

 
Kate has been missing Corrine as much as I have. We help each other through the tough times. 

After bowling, Aunt Julie and Kate made frozen yogurt! Summer vacation is full of good food and good times!

We love Aunt Julie. We love vacation. We love frozen yogurt.

No comments: