Wednesday, April 1, 2020
What year is it?
I've officially lost track of all time. Which is kind of funny, because my routine hasn't changed that much. I guess gymnastics, piano lessons, and church on specific days were anchors. Who knew? Another solid anchor in my life was full shelves at the grocery store. This is the first time in my life grocery store shelves (more than one shelf) has been totally empty. They have been empty for weeks. Our new normal is rather strange.
Before the pandemic hit, we had a game night scheduled with friends. I was sad when we could not get together, but Dave Young got us all on Zoom and BOOM! Game night.
Can't get enough zoom? Apparently we can't either. Sariah did an entire debate tournament with 197 kids and judges on zoom. It was nice to not have to drive her to the tournament!
More zoom? Ok. Sariah has started piano lessons via Zoom. The younger kids start theirs this week. Strange, strange.
Another thing that has changed is missionary stuff. WOAH! Its way crazy and changing daily. A friend of Corrine's in the ward came home 6 months early. Because there is no church meetings, and social distancing is the name of the game, we did a drive by ward home-coming parade for her. It was fun.
I was surprised how good it felt to see ward members driving up and down the street and waving to each other. I do love these people. We have the best ward.
Corrine's mission, you ask? The church came out yesterday and said she basically has 3 options. 1) Still do the MTC online in May and hope she gets out sometime to maybe California. 2)Tell the church she will wait 12-18 months and then try a mission again. In the mean time she would continue with school. 3)Not go at all. She needs to make the decision by the end of April. Because the end of April is an eternity away at this point, she has decided to pray about it and just see how things continue to play out by the end of the month. The answer to the question is: Her heart is in California and she really wants to go there but she has no guarantee of time or keeping Arcadia at this point. So, she is waiting. Please pray for her to get the direction she needs.
Regular life continues to roll along. We do school as we have always done. I am thankful this part of life has not changed much. I'm a sucker for routine so I find the consistency of family read aloud very comforting.
Google Hangouts has seemed to work pretty good for extended family Come Follow Me discussions. This is with the Schramm side a couple of weeks ago. I forgot to get one with the Cain's last week. My bad.
I think we were the last family in all of America to sign up for Disney Plus. The Covid got me. I had a weak moment and now the kids have Disney Plus. Sariahs mind was blown when she found her "childhood" show Kim Possible.
Every spring we get baby chicks. Every spring for 10 years it has not been a problem, until the Covid got every living person in Salt Lake County. Apparently, the Covid makes you want to buy baby chickens. We had to get in a line for a number and then come back and hour later for the baby chicks. We were limited to 6. The world is really upside down and I've about had enough of it. On another note, what is it with people taking their kids everywhere?
After the experience at IFA for baby chickens and empty grocery store shelves, we decided we had better get the garden going.
A thing now is to have teddy bears in the windows so passers by can look for them and maybe be cheered up. I mentioned this to Kate so she took care of her bears. I like Pooh Bear supporting his friend. How nice.
I was feeling a little guilty and selfish for not really helping anyone around us. So, we decided to put together little care packages and deliver them. As I'm putting this on the internet, I'm wondering how secret it will stay. I also remember that no one really reads this on a regular basis, so I'm probably safe.
March was so long. I usually look forward to March, but that was a rough one. April isn't looking much better. Seems like the quarantines will continue all of April. Ugh. Even the introverts will be sick of this by the time it's done.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

















No comments:
Post a Comment