I was happy when Kate agreed to wear her Easter dress for our Sacrament meeting on Sunday. When I bought the dress there was no mention of Covid or any reason why she couldn't wear it to church. Hopefully we can get back to church before she outgrows the dress!
Hayden was also happy to get into his Easter suit. All dressed up and no place to go, I guess.
I spent a couple of days making face masks for Keith and myself.
Kate saw the mask and the cameo fabric and insisted she get one. Now she wears it everywhere she goes. Mask and school work? Sounds like a kid being raised in a pandemic.
Hayden spent the other day cleaning out the shed. Maybe quarantine is a good thing! We are getting a few things taken care of around the house and I love it!
This part of the blog is mostly my personal journal. You can read it if you want, but I'm just putting this here for reference later on. Basically, I've been doing a thing. I met with a new doctor in December. I'm grateful to the doctor for finding out a few things wrong with me. Basically my body has been attacking itself and has been a major saboteur. I am finally getting some energy back and my body isn't fighting itself trying to loose weight. Apparently PCOS, bad adrenals, zero vitamin D, zero iron, and a thyroid on the fritz are all bad for loosing weight.They are also bad for having any kind of energy to get out of bed. 2019 was not my best year. Fixing those things are slow, but progress is being made. My kidneys are getting happier and that makes me happier. I have also started a new way of eating that has made all the difference. There are a couple of draw backs... first, no candy on Easter. Keith and Corrine are eating this new way with me as well. Keith is only a couple of pounds from his goal weight and weighs what he did on his mission! Corrine was drooling over the different treats in the Easter bag yesterday. She has an iron will though. No snacks for her. She was also a good sport letting me get a picture of her and have a little laugh since we can't have a little sugar.
Another draw back I did not anticipate is how cold I am. I am cold all of the time. Apparently lacking calories doesn't leave anything to keep me warm. Since December, I have learned a lot about myself. I've realized I'm totally an addict to sugar. It is literally a drug for me and I am in just the same state as a recovering alcoholic. I am not joking or trying to be funny in any way. I'm going to wear this necklace made for those recovering from addition. It says "One day at a time." That is really what it is. Don't think about the addiction tomorrow or the next day or the next holiday or birthday. Just get through today. One day at a time. Please be careful with me. I'm a fragile addict.
The mantra of one day at a time is working. I made small personal goals and I've reached one of them. I was able to bag up all of the clothes that are now too big on me. I am pretty excited to continue to add more clothes to the DI pile. I look forward to the next couple of months.
One day at a time. One day a time we will get through the craziness of the pandemic. One day at a time we will get through school. One day at a time we will get through the crazy cold weather. One day at a time I will get through my addiction.











No comments:
Post a Comment