Wednesday, April 29, 2020

Pandemic-ing along

We are still in lock-downish. Things are getting desperate though. I found a site that takes you on every single Disneyland ride. Sariah and Kate were thrilled. Enjoy it girls... it's as close as you will ever get. And, finally... a Disney product I can afford!
One can only ride online Disneyland rides before wanting some real action. Kate asked Jakob to fix her bike and she decided it was time to ride without training wheels. 
She learned in a matter of moments. I'm not sure if Hayden taught her or if she figured it out. Either way, I showed up to take a picture after the skill was learned. I know, Keith and I are bad parents. But, she learned before turning 8, so we can't be all bad. Just mostly bad. Good job, Kate!
Maybe it's the outfit. Maybe that is the secret to teaching yourself how to do any skill. Look like a pro. Look like you have all the skill you need until you master the job. Look the part until you are the part.
Kate has a need for speed.  We decided if we had to wear masks, gloves and social distance, we might as well get outside and ride the 4-wheelers!
Hayden.
 Hayden rode with Jakob or Corrine. He said they are both crazy drivers. Hummm....
Sariah didn't want to go, but I think she enjoyed herself when she got there.
She rode with Corrine for a while. I was so excited when Sariah did her first long ride by herself! I was so excited I forgot to get a picture.
Corrine needed to get a new helmet. Wow, it sure looks good with her riding jersey! This is probably the last time she will ride for a while because of mission rules. She said she felt like a kid and really enjoyed not thinking about growing up and responsibilities.
The younger kids really wanted to go camping. We sold the camp trailer and I don't want to camp. I like my bed. I like my shower. So, we compromised. We rode  4-wheelers all day and then came home and roasted hot dogs. We can all smell like camp smoke and have fun together as a family.
 
 Then, we can all go in and  shower and sleep in our own beds!
Kate made church for her lego people. She is really missing church.
The batman family always shows up late.
Corrine has decided to start homeschool MTC on May 6. Look for more details about that in a future blog!
That about wraps up another week in our lives.  College kiddos and everyone else are finishing up school. I am SO READY for our summer vacation school schedule. We do a little bit of school every day during summer but it is a change of pace. Bring it.... we need a major change of pace.

No comments: