She arrives every afternoon to correct EVERY child's school work. The high school girl is rather upset because she was enjoying quietly slipping through the cracks while the man child took the more vocal role with mother. Ms. Mullarkey hears often "Thanks a lot, Hayden. You ruined it for all of us." As mom, I appreciate Ms. Mullarkey for 2 reasons. One, her name. From google: " Slang. Exaggerated or foolish talk, usually intended to deceive: "snookered by a lot of malarkey" Ms. Mullarkey will not be snookered. No more lying about the completion of school work. The other amazing thing about her is she
The fancy pens help keep her in character. Yes, the glasses are my prescription and yes I have to slide them down my nose to see the paperwork. To prove Ms. Mullarkey is not completely heartless, she will give each of the children one hersheys kiss while correcting their work.
Hayden had to write a paragraph about something interesting going on in his life. This is his rough draft of that paragraph. I was shocked he didn't mention that he hates her.
I realize it is concerning that I spent this much time and effort in a new personality. However, concentrating on staying in character has helped me focus and not be emotionally attached to the quality (or lack thereof) of the school work being completed. Hopefully Ms Mullarkey has better luck with my children than I've had so far this school year.




No comments:
Post a Comment