Wednesday, October 2, 2019

All into Fall

I am into everything fall. I'm LOVING the weather.  I love the candle smells. I love that its getting darker in the evenings.  I love the food.  Speaking of food, all of us are so very grateful that Beefy survived until his intended date with destiny.
I've said it before, and I'll say it again. These guys do not make enough money. I will gladly pay them in a couple of weeks. I was so happy to see the butcher come! The last few days, Beefy had been unusually lazy. (in his defense that was his job.  Lay around and get fat.)  He was spending a lot of time lying around and therefore spending a lot of time freaking us out. We aren't the only ones.  We even had neighbors stop and check on him making sure he would be nice and healthy for.... well, scheduled death.
Unusually awkward subject change...... if death of Beefy makes you uncomfortable, look on this cute little face.
She has gymnastics twice a week in the evenings.  Now that it is getting darker, this is my view of her class.  I think its funny all the parents are standing outside in the cold with their faces pressed against the glass. Most gymnastics mothers are interesting. I'll try not to sound too judgy... but I've dubbed them "barbie moms."  They are those pinterest/instagram perfect mothers. One of them is a first grade teacher and twice a week I get to listen overhear her conversation with another barbie mom.  Im grateful my daughter is not in her class.  I have found that perspective is a nice thing.  These cute little barbie moms are here with their oldest children at 7 years old. Oh, the things that are ahead of them. So many heartbreaking moments but so many good things. I find it amusing they think they have it all figured out with their 7 year old.  The school teacher Barbie mom seems sure she has it all figured out. The drama is high with her. Was I that stressed out when my oldest was 7?  How would it be to have time to really be worried about if they ordered the right size for my daughters gymnastics performance uniform? I didn't even realize they had done measurements for the girls. Wow, I digressed.  But, this does fill 2 hours of my week, so I felt the unnecessary need to share. And I realize the irony. I am a gymnastics mother but Im not barbie mom. I said MOST of them are barbie moms... not all of them. Sometimes Ken Barbie dad is outside. Ken never talks. I like Ken.
She is cute and growing too fast. I do like watching through the glass at this girly. She is STILL working on that back hand spring. Her teacher says she is doing well, so I guess I need to chill out and not be a barbie mom that is high in drama.
I came home from gymnastics the other night and found these notes on Sariahs math notebook. Leave it to Sariah to find the humor amongst trials.
Corrine took a few spare-ish hours on Saturday to start a crafting project.  I'll post pictures when the next stage starts. I tried not to worry about her using the saw.  She is a very capable young lady.... way more than I was at her age.
Saturday evening Jakob came for a visit.  It warmed my heart to listen to him reading Dave Berry to his sisters.  Good Ole Dave.  Im really looking forward to his year in review.... and we are only to the first of October. Think of the writing material that is still to come. 
Sunday morning we were able to have a training meeting of sorts about the new youth program for church. I don't care what crap program they came up with.... it isn't scouts!!!!  ANYTHING is better. Lets pause and enjoy that for a moment.  IT ISN'T SCOUTS!  And, lets be honest.... it is the program the church has put together.  Of course it is going to be perfect and I can not wait to be part of it!
I really wanted to use the fire-pit in the evening, so we decided have our discussion about the new program outside. Kate is so excited to be a "big kid" and be part of this program.  Its kind of cool the first year it is available, will be the first year she can participate.  Thats getting in on the ground floor! She won't know any different program.
We had a pretty good discussion around the fire.  Seems like a camp fire brings out some of the best discussions.
Things are getting cold!  It was 31 outside when I left to go walking in the morning!  I had to dig out my thermals again!  Im not sure Im ready for it to be this cold, but I'll try really hard not to complain.
I'll just start a fire! Im sounding like Im obsessed with fire.  Hummmm.
The end of the month brings more blood work. I don't know what my results are yet, but I am feeling a little better, so I assume we are getting things figured out.
I love October!  I am so excited for General Conference that is coming up. Time to eat soup, cuddle with my blanket, and find a good book to read.

No comments: