Wednesday, October 23, 2019

So much happiness

Happiness. I have said before that Kate is so much like Corrine. This is a very good thing for Kate. A couple of days ago Kate started drawing horses. We have another budding artist. Kate will come to me often and say "I just need to craft something!"
This unicorn is named Hannah.  Hannah has been in the family since Corrine was about 3. Hannah has been well loved for many years. Corrine and Kate have made a halter and ridden her throughout the house for several hours. This makes me so happy.
Keith and I went shooting with a friend of ours, Linda. She wants to get a gun and one of Keith's favorite thing to do is a field trip as part of gun education.  Linda did great and we had a very good discussion about firearms and safety.
The weekend was filled with so much goodness! Corrine invited her friends over for a game night. I can not ever describe how much I love these young adults. They have grown up with her and are the best of the best people. Several of them have returned from their missions. It was so nice to see them again. They are Corrine's people.  They are Keith's robot kids.  These are MY kids. I love each of them so much and I am so grateful for their goodness and for them being in our lives.
 Oh, how I love these cute nerds!
They played a really funny game with books. Good kids, good books. This is my happy place.
Keith and I were invited to a murder mystery dinner. I was a psychic and Keith was basically a cannibal. It was a fun night with good food and good friends!
In other news, I got released as the Relief Society President on Sunday. WOW!  In some ways that was a very long 3 years and in other ways it went so fast and I can't believe its over. I loved so much of that calling. It was such a blessing in my life.  I am looking forward to having a little bit of time to catch up on things around the house. There are so many rooms to clean  books to read!

No comments: