She really is a sweetheart. The older kids all went to the temple, so Friday afternoon Kate helped Keith with a few projects. They make a pretty good team.
Keith and I went on a date afternoon to the shooting range with our good friends, the Youngs.
After warming up, we played an intense game of battleship. The Youngs gave us a major run for our money, but the Schramm fleet barley escaped being sunk. We went out for dinner afterward because that is the best way to spend an evening.
Did I mention it was general conference weekend? That means being fed, spiritually and physically. Keith made his traditional omelets. There was much rejoicing in the land. I realize I didn't get any pictures of the finished product or of the kids consuming them. For the record, everyone was happy and Jakob spent the entire weekend with us so that also made us happy.
Sunday morning is the traditional "rolled pancake" or crepes. YUMMY.
Saturday evening Kate BEGGED me to let her go to the women's conference. Why not? I am grateful she insisted and that we got this picture. If all things go according to plan, Corrine will be on her mission next women's conference so I'm glad I got this chance to have all of us together for an evening.
For the record, Kate was very mature and well behaved. She said she enjoyed the meeting and did her best to act like a responsible 8 year old so no one would know she was in fact, 7.
Sariah had her first big recital with her new piano teacher on Monday evening. She is also duet partners with Faith Fox.
I have been fighting a sinus infection and pneumonia. After the recital I immediately got VERY sick. It was swift and harsh. So, I spent the next day in bed. Thankfully, Corrine is on fall break this week so she was able to stay home and keep everyone on track. After school work, they picked the baby pumpkins out of the garden and proceeded to have a fun art project. The kids are going to wish me sick all of the time. Corrine is much more fun to have around.
Various ways to show support and talent. I love it!
See the Harry Potter collection. As a family we are reading this series aloud and are currently on book 4. I've said it before and I'll say it again.... family read aloud is my most favorite part of home-school.
What fun and cute kids! They did a great job decorating and keeping things under control while I've been under the weather.
How are we this far into October already? Also, I went an entire blog with out commenting on the weather. It has been absolutely PERFECT. We are being told a storm of snow is coming, but I'll believe it when I see it.














No comments:
Post a Comment