Wednesday, September 4, 2019

Laboring through the week

Keith participated in the Salt lake County Corporate Games as part of the pistol and rifle shooting teams. The pistol team took the silver and the rifle team took the gold! It is a pretty big deal and he has practiced a lot to be ready!  Congratulations!
I LOVE FALL.  We are finally into my favorite 4 months of the year. I love everything about them. I will start mentioning fall quite often in reference to food, smells, colors, woodstove, and decorations. Although it's too stinking hot to think about fall decorations, another of my favorite fall activities is under way. I love college football. I can't explain it. My love for college football is growing with each year. I can't explain that, other than I desperately need a brainless distraction from real life. Kate and I were ready for the big U and BYU game. Watching football is always fun, especially when my team has nice win.
Hayden had a visit with the orthodontist and was very happy to get his expander out.  He can now use the roof of his mouth again. I guess it really is the simple things in life that keep us happy.
On Fridays, Hayden and Kate can do their "tech" classes. They both enjoy tinker crates and the Amazon tech box.
Jakob is enjoying all that car ownership has to offer.  His air conditioner is dead and has been most of the summer. Due to cost, he decided to deal with it and use poor man A/C. We are going into fall, anyway. This past week, his window also broke. He and Keith spent some time working on the window since it was cheaper than fixing the AC.
Peach season!  We have got a decent amount of peaches off our trees. I know I should be grateful, but I have been so overwhelmed with other things that this beautiful basket of fruit just looks like more work for me to do. (which it is) Thankfully it was a long weekend and I had some awesome helpers!
It has been a while since I have complained about the weather.  It has also been a while since the weather has been unreasonable. I was quiet when we were over 100 in AUGUST.  But, 103 in SEPTEMBER is absolutely unacceptable. It was colder on the 4th of July than it was on Labor Day!  The world is messed up.  If the weather continues to be this unreasonable, I will continue to complain.
103 temperatures plus peaches can only equal one thing.  Home made ice cream!
I am happy we are into September.  Now that Labor Day is done, we can really hit school hard for 2 entire months before the holidays start. Im really looking forward to the next 4 months and I really want time to slow down until January first. 

No comments: