Wednesday, September 11, 2019

Hobbies

I finally got a mom win. (its been a long time coming.) Kate has gymnastics twice a week and once in a while (I can never remember when) they allow parents to come in and watch. This week I FINALLY remembered to come in and watch. It was a very enjoyable evening for me!
We are really trying to figure out this wrestling thing. There is an entire culture to learn and we are on a pretty steep learning curve. Hayden is doing a workshop/competitions at UVU every Saturday for a couple of months. This last Saturday was his first one and it was quite the learning experience for him me. 
Keith was so amazing to stay right with Hayden and coach him with strategy. Man we have a lot to learn!
Hayden got his first win ever. It was nice to get a little victory and maybe that was enough incentive to keep trying and learning.  We did learn he needs to add weight and muscle.  Time to really start exercising and lift weights firewood.
After wrestling in the morning, I wanted to race home to catch the Utes game.  They won again so I was happy. I'll admit, college football is becoming an obsession for me. It is probably not healthy.
Saturday evening we had a date night with the Youngs. I LOVED this evening!  It was so nice to go out with great friends.  It was a fun reminder to keep working on our marriage. I was impressed there was a couple there that had been married 55 years and they were still going to learn more!  Wow!
Hank Smith is quite the celebrity at our house. Sariah is OBSESSED with him and I'll admit I enjoy his talks as well. I was pretty happy to listen to him for date night. I really enjoyed texting this picture to Sariah.
Sunday afternoon my munchkins played Munchkin. Kate still sticks pretty close to Jakob when he comes to visit.
This makes my little heart happy. Corrine has been so busy with school work that she hasn't had time to do any calligraphy work.  She has had to really set it aside and it is hard to remember that this is why she is doing all of the school work. She finally found a few minutes Sunday evening to get back to her paints. I think it was very therapeutic for her.

Kate found my old watch and asked if she could have it. While at the store she said "Does this watch make me look good? I think it makes me look REAL good!"  Yes, the watch is exactly what you needed to look good.
Weekly weather report? Things are finally cooling off and it almost feels like fall! Nothing to complain about at all right now!  Kate watched her favorite Curious George Halloween Boo Fest. Now I know its actually fall.
Because it is September 11, I want to acknowledge 9/11. Today is always a humbling day for me to remember where I was.  I was at home holding a little almost 9 month old Corrine. I spent the day watching the news. I couldn't pull myself away from the tv.  We were in the first Clinton house. Today my goal is to spend a little extra time reflecting on my relationship with God. Im afraid our country is ripe for destruction and the need to be humbled again. Today is over cast and a little rainy. It seems like God is sad for us today.
Health report? Im still SUPER tired all of the time. I take way too many naps and my brain is "foggy" most of the time. Good thing it's the type of weather to grab a blanket and settle in!

No comments: