At the end of last week, Hayden finished wrestling camp. He loved it and learned so many new things. I'm looking forward to watching him progress in this sport. There are so many life lessons that can be learned. We are changing out robots for wrestling mats and Sariahs debate tournaments. Year of change..... year of change.
Sariah also got back from youth conference. She was able to watch the Manti Pageant. I'm glad she got to have that experience since they will no longer be doing it and she doesn't remember anything about the Hill Cumorrah pageant.
Keith got a much wanted back up camera for the truck as a Fathers Day gift. Jakob promised to come help with the installation.
The man child has grown up. He bought his first real set of tools. Have I mentioned that 2019 is the year of change?
Hayden and Corrine also helped with the truck camera instillation. These kids are so good to help! I'm so proud of them and grateful their daddy teaches them all kinds of skills.
After a long day of working on the truck, some friends came over to play games. Hayden was SO EXCITED to have them come play "magic". Kate was teaching Jakob how to play since he hasn't learned all the ins and outs of the game magic. The older girls and I all hid in the bedroom and watched tv.
Not only does Keith teach the kids how to work, he is also willing to
play with them. Kate got a doll house for her birthday. With some
birthday money, she also bought the "dad" and his wagon that came in a
different set. She wanted the dad so Keith would have someone to "be"
when he played with her. What a good daddy. These two play pretty well
together.
We needed a place for the doll house and toys to go. I bought a small bookshelf and Kate insisted she help put it together. Naturally, she had to use her own tools. She did a great job helping. I did a great job practicing patience.
Finished project! I really do like a place for everything and everything in it's place.
Kate complained last night that we haven't had a gymnastics selfie in a while. I thought we were out of that stage, but I guess not. Gymnastics selfie.
We finally have warm enough days to enjoy summer. It is has been so wet and cold I wondered if we would ever see summer. Uh, guess I couldn't go a single blog with out commenting on the weather. Oops.
Because of the nice weather, we have been able to enjoy the firepit a few evenings. I had a brilliant idea (probably not new to anyone else). I decided we should keep the chairs stored upside down so the part we want to sit in doesn't get dirty when we aren't using them.
While weeding the rose bushes I noticed this. A single pink rose among a different type of red roses. I don't know where it came from. I have spent the last couple of days thinking about that single pink rose. There are several lessons that could be taken from this single rose.
June is just about done. I can not believe how fast time is flying!















No comments:
Post a Comment