Wednesday, June 12, 2019

Busy Summer!

We are deep into summer vacation although the weather isn't sure about that.  I have been working on the school room. At the end of the school year I take books down stairs for longer term storage and bring up school books for the new school year.
I love the project of sorting through the new books and arranging the shelf for the next year. It brings such a feeling of possibilities.... the entire school year is open! It is exciting to think about what could be. I also got a solar system mobile. I have wanted one of these mobiles for years!
The kids can finally play outside and we are all loving it! There is nothing that screams fun like jumping over your sisters head.
Keith and Hayden had camp for a couple of days. It was very good for Hayden to get outside and burn energy with other boys. A marshmallow gun is great for a boy to have.
The only thing better than a marshmallow gun is ax throwing.  Boys and Axes.... yep, great combination for fun!
While the boys were at camp, the girls decided we HAD to observe National Donut Day. Is this a real holiday? Who cares. We had better celebrate just in case. I did neglect to get my donut tree up this year.
In between breaks in the rain, we try to enjoy the back yard. We finally found a good evening to have a bbq and eat outside. It was so pleasant and enjoyable. I love our little space in the back yard.
On Monday night we pulled the bikes out for a family bike ride. The first bike ride is always a little bit of work. We have to get all the bikes back in working order and remember how to ride. This was the family biking selfie at the beginning. You can tell it is at the beginning because everyone was smiling. We had a couple of crashes and sore bodies in the end.
Kate LOVES to ride her bike. Last year she was Jakobs "boost" but since he moved out, she is now Keiths "boost". She said he needed her help because "he is my old man." Thanks Kate.  Thank you for your boost of confidence, support and emotional support. Hopefully she will be boosting us well into our actual old age.
I am still LOVING our family gospel study. Maybe the kids are learning something after all. Kate worked on this during sacrament meeting.
We finished another piano recital last night! The kids did a great job! I was proud of all of them.
Jakob met us at the recital. Kate was so  happy to have him there with her. 
This was Sariahs last piano recital with Betsy. Sariah has moved on to a more advanced piano teacher and she will be starting some piano competitions. Sariah is excited for what the future brings, but she has cried for days because she loves Betsy so much.
After the recital we have a tradition of getting shakes. 
I need summer to slow down just a little bit!  I love having the school room ready for school, but we are not ready for school to start! Here comes another week, ready or not!

No comments: