Once again, this week has gone by quickly with so many activities! We are still doing family read aloud. I always read to the kids during lunch time. We have read so many good books this way! We are currently on book 2 of the Harry Potter series. I think this is an activity that everyone looks forward to.
We went to watch one of Corrine's very best friends, Cassie, open her mission call. Japan! Cassie will be a great missionary and we are so excited for her. I'm a little freaked out because it won't be too long before Corrine gets her own mission call.
Keith really wanted to finish working on the orchard over the weekend. I finally felt well enough to help a little. He is such a good daddy! He teaches all the little birdies to work hard.
It was a lot of work hauling load after load of bark. But, it was so worth it! Doesn't it look nice now?! The garden is behind the trees before the white fence.
I had to run a few errands Saturday evening. I came outside to find Hayden on the roof of the very tall garage. He and Keith were cleaning out the gutters. I was a little nervous about Hayden being on the roof, but these are lessons a boy needs to have!
I guess my kids are growing up! Hayden hosted his first D&D party. Can he really be big enough to do this? Looks like it. I'm happy because he was HIGHLY motivated to clean the basement and he has been reading anything he can about D&D. Reading is reading and I'll take what I can get.
Kate let me know that 7 year olds need to know how to load the dishwasher. (this was taken a few days before her birthday) She wanted to practice. Oh, ok! I might like THIS seven year old!
We also celebrated Fathers Day. Kate spent her own money and bought Keith his favorite sausage.
Hayden spent his own money and bought Keith bacon. They know what daddy likes! For the record, the rest of us also got Keith a gift. We bought a back up camera for the truck. Yes, he has to put it in, but I think he will be ok with it.
Because it was Fathers Day, I was a little busy getting ready to celebrate in church. I needed to come up with something for the men in the ward. We decided to do mini pies.
More signs of growing up..... Hayden is doing wrestling camp this week. I'm loving this! He is gone most of the day working hard and learning new things. What a great thing for a growing pre-teen boy!
That doesn't look like wrestling. It looks like hanging. Humm...Yes, I'm jealous. I couldn't do it. I couldn't even get up there. (he ran up the wall and then grabbed the bar).
Sariah left this morning for youth conference! She was a little nervous because this is the first camp/youth conference she has attended without Corrine. More signs of growing up, I guess. The ward is going down to Snow College and then watching the Manti pageant this evening. I'm excited for her to have these fun adventures!
I'm proud of the people my kids are growing up to be. They are very busy doing good things. I just try to keep up. I spend a lot of time driving them to and from various activities. If you need me, I'll be sitting in the car reading about how to keep up with my people.
Hold on people. Another week is gone!


















No comments:
Post a Comment