Wednesday, July 3, 2019

Time is washing away

Once again another crazy week has gone by. We had cousin Sadie come stay with us for a few days while her mom was on Trek. Kate was in heaven!  She loved having Sadie to play with. In some ways they are SO VERY different.
 In some ways they are so very much alike.
Kate enjoyed pizza night, movies, and lack of chores while Sadie was here. All she had to do was entertain Sadie!
Sariah was a good helper with Sadie as well!
Saturday afternoon some more cousins came to play! I am so glad we live close enough for our kids to see their cousins often.
Sunday afternoon Keith played games with Hayden and Kate.  This is Kates "PLEASE DON'T KILL ME, DAD" look.  She was begging for her life.
Sunday evening when Jakob left, all of the kids rushed to him to give him hugs. Awh, they do like each other! It's nice to see that now and then.
Sariah and Kate worked on this little duet together. Pretty good girls!
This is the first time Jakob and Corrine played this. It was totally impromptu. Very nice!
Now that the weather is nice, Kate has decided she needs to practice shooting her bow.  She is pretty good with it and hits the mark most of the time. If I haven't warned you before, I'll do it now. Don't make her angry.
My cloths washing machine died a very loud, scary, and violent death over the weekend. Monday evening Keith tried everything he could to fix it.
At about midnight we called it and decided it couldn't be saved. We only spent $75 on it about 8 years ago, so I guess we can't feel too bad about it. These are the messy remains of a late night surgery. 
In a family of our size, we can not go very many days without a washing machine. I spent too many agonizing hours trying to decide what type of machine to get and how much money to spend. I settled on this machine.
Just kidding.  We actually decided to stick with the budget (Dave Ramsey would be proud) and we got a newer used machine. I have already put 4 loads through it and so far it seems to handle it just fine. I hope it can keep up with the marathon we will be putting it through. No, it doesn't match. I don't care. I just want it to clean clothes for a few years. (Thanks, Mr Ramsey)
Keith had scouts last night and they were supposed to go on a hike. Several of the boys were not able to come (4th of July week) so last minute plans changed.  The boys came to our house to learn all about how a washing machine works.
I'm happy that problem has been solved. It seems like there is always something exciting going on around here.  We seem to go from one project to the next as fast as we can.  Its not going to slow down. You should see the list of things we want to work on over the 4th of July weekend.

No comments: