Wednesday, July 10, 2019

Being together.

I have been reading a book that has solidified thoughts and feelings I've had for many years.  It is also putting into words things I've felt but haven't really been aware of it. One of those things is how essential it is to spend time with each of my kids. I really enjoyed one morning this week helping Kate hang her laundry. It was so nice to have a quiet morning with just she and I outside visiting. Maybe our ancestors hung laundry out of necessity, but maybe there were some unintended blessings of such an activity. Or, maybe they knew all along the secrets to relationships.
Nothing like a little shooting practice in the back yard. Keith is good to teach the kids all kinds of things and he is so patient with them.
 If that doesn't scare you, nothing will.  The "chicken boots" are a nice touch.
Yikes. The steps actually coming off the house. I had visions of a guest (or myself) stepping on those and getting hurt quite badly as everything crashed to the ground. This project was a necessity... not a want.
 A before picture.
The demolition part of a project is always the most fun.
 See the little step stool by the door?  That is safer than where we started.
Working all day can be exhausting.
Yes, Im going to complain about the weather.  It is 4th of July weekend!!  RAIN?!  COLD!?  WHAT.THE.HECK.  Silly, we thought we could do an out door project in the summer time.
Time for an ice cream sandwich break. That does not look comfortable. Look at the supports!  Those steps aren't going anywhere!
And finished! Look how nice!  Look how safe!  When an earthquake hits, Im standing on these things. They aren't going anywhere!
 Nice job construction crew!  It was so nice of Jakob to come help all weekend!
4th of July weekend means BBQ and friends. We invited the Fox family for a BBQ  but it was RAINING!  So, the fun had to be moved indoors.
These was still fun to be had, despite the cold & rain.
We did decide to roast marshmallows and tell the weather to shove it.  It was the 4th of July after all! Please note all of the coats and blankets and people as close to the fire as possible.
Kate and Faith playing tether ball. These two are a lot alike.  Sugar sweet and daddies girls.... but mess with them and they will eat you and not feel guilty about it one bit. Im glad they like each other.
Did I mention it was FREEZING for the 4th? It was 62 at 7:00pm on the 4th of July?!  I know. I need to remember this and be very grateful next week when we are over 100 every single day.
I beat Kate at battleship. It was fun. She was distraught. Look at her strategy for calling out shots.... maybe it wasn't the best. I tried to tell her, but she wouldn't listen. I had to teach the girl a lesson.
A long weekend is always a good time to play games as a family. Kate tried to play on her own. Finally I was recruited to help her.  We actually came in 2nd place, which was a miracle.
Gospel study this week is in Acts.  This is a demonstration of Acts 7:57. "Then they cried out with a loud voice, and stopped their ears, and ran upon him with one accord"
Hayden's birthday! Number 12.
Kate has been going to gymnastics camp every day this week. She LOVES it!
Before gymnastics today, we had to pack the diaper bag. I thought we were past that stage, but Im learning to roll with the year of change.
 I told Kate her babies were really good babies.  She said "ya, they are so quiet all of the time." Some moms have all the luck.
 HE IS READING! For the record, he can read.... he just does not enjoy reading.  Hayden is actually reading a book without me telling him he has to. We live in a day of miracles.
This has been a full week.  All of them are full, I guess. Im blessed to spend time with my kids. My kids aren't as quiet as Kates babies, but I still love spending time with them. They are all good people doing good things.

No comments: