Tuesday, July 9, 2019

Happy Birthday Hayden!

Hayden is 12?!  How did that happen?  Haydens birthday is always a little weird for me. I wasn't there when he was born.  We didn't even know Hayden till he was 18 months old.
He looks like he is 10 but his attitude usually screams 13 year old middle school.  Hayden really wanted to do a dads and sons "magic" game night. For those of you that don't know, Magic is a card game. I personally haven't played it but I've heard a lot about it. We got some of Haydens friends and their dads together for a game night!
I have no idea what is going on. Hayden talks to me like I know. He uses words like "tap" and "goblins" and "land use".  I don't know.  I am very grateful Keith is willing to play the game with Hayden and that he has such good friends.
Thank you friends for coming!  Hayden had a fun night!
Corrine wasn't feeling well and has been buried in school books so she wasn't able to make Haydens birthday cake. Hayden wanted death by chocolate so I figured Hershey's triple chocolate cake would do the trick.
I am so grateful my kids have friends of all ages.  Age does not matter.  Relationships do.
I believe game night was a success. There was death. There was destruction. There was pizza and fun to be had. Sounds like a good party to me!
Don't think the geeking out ended there.  Hayden isn't the biggest fan of books. I know, it hurts me to even say one of my kids doesn't like books the way I do.  But... he did ask for BOOKS for his birthday. Ask, and ye shall receive!
Granted, they are D&D books. I don't care. My kids know that Im a sucker for books. They are hard cover.  The pictures are pretty cool.  Corrine did have to "edit" add clothes to a few of them, but for the most part Im impressed. These books pass my test and in this case, if it gets Hayden to enjoy reading, Im all for it.
Happy Birthday Hayden!

No comments: