Corrine and I attended BYU Women's Conference. I had never been, and honestly I wasn't sure what to expect. Here are the top ten things I observed:
1: Parking at any college campus stinks. We ended up parking in the motorcyle slots. I wasn't the only one that did it, so....
2. I spent the day with 250,000,000, 000,000 of my closest friends. (left side)
(right side)
3. Im not that close to that many people. I love my small group of close friends.
4. There are not enough potties when that many of my closest friends meet.
5. It does matter where you sit.
6. Reading the teleprompter while sitting behind the speaker is kind of fun. It is also very distracting.
7. I doubt the men would have anything like this. They certainly wouldn't have "photo" opportunities.
8. I need a large hat.
9. I need to have a reason to wear a large hat.
10. I enjoyed spending the weekend with Julie, Anna and Corrine.
Here are a few things I learned over the weekend (Super shortened version)
1. Ministering is EASY and FUN. Relax people. It will be ok.
2. We are entitled to personal revelation.... be worthy of it and EXPECT it. Nay.... DEMAND it!
3. I have great friends that support me. I need to be a better friend.
4. The Lord is in control. Relax. Most things aren't worth freaking out over so save the energy for something else.
5. ALL of Gods children are welcome in HIS church. HE will judge and decide who can and can't participate.... all I need to do is have fun and and enjoy the people in my life.
6. I enjoyed spending time with Corrine.
7. I need to attend the temple more than I am. I want to go. I need to go.
8. Live life with INTENT....(thats my new word for this year)
9. Each ordinance calls us by name. The Lord KNOWS our names and our situation. He LOVES us individually.
10. We belong to each other through our covenants.



No comments:
Post a Comment