Sunday, May 20, 2018

Bye Bye Wisdom

We have had a pretty relaxed weekend. Its the first in a very long time. On Thursday, Corrine and Sariah got their wisdom teeth removed. I was a little worried about doing both at the same time but I had nothing to worry about. I have taken a couple of pictures... but have been FORBIDDEN to ever show them. Sorry. Sariah cried and cried.  She would sleep for a few minutes and then wake up quickly and just sob. Corrine refused to say anything for the first few minutes. She was so terrified she would say something horrible under the influence of drugs.  I did write down the conversation we had on the way home from the Orthodontist. Here is that conversation:


Corrine: How did I get in the car?
Me: The nurse put you in a wheel chair and brought you to the car. I helped you climb in.
Sariah: Is that how I got in the car?
Me: Yes.
Sariah: Where am I?
Me: In the car on the way home.
Corrine: How did I get in the car?
Sariah: Is that the temple? I love the temple!
Me: Yes Sariah, its the temple.  Corrine, the nurse helped you get in a wheelchair and I helped you get in the car.
Corrine: (sounding a little panicked) How will I get out of the car?!
Sariah: (As we are driving) I can't get out of the car!  How will I get out?!
Me: (screaming) Don't get out right now! We are driving!!
Sariah: How will I get out of the car? (back to sobbing)
Corrine: How did I get in the car?
Me: A nurse put you in the wheelchair and helped you get in the car. Sariah... we will help you get out of the car when we get home.
Corrine: We don't have a wheelchair!
Sariah: We need a wheelchair!!
Me: Hayden and I can help you get in the house.
Sariah: (disgusted with me)  You should have thought about getting us a wheelchair.
Me: (laughing now) I guess so. We will be ok.
Corrine: Its not funny!! How are we getting out of the car?!
Me: I will help you.
Sariah: (more sobbing) Why don't we have a wheel chair?
After about 5 minutes..... that entire conversation started over again.


The girls are recovering pretty well.  Sariah seems to be doing a little better than Corrine. I think Sariah looks so cute with her puffy cheeks, but she won't let me share those pictures. Sariah is looking a lot like this:
Corrines recovery seems to be a little slower, but she is doing ok.  She is up and painting a little bit so I think she is doing better.

Today Corrine (with still swollen cheeks) told me "Im puffed up and stiff neck-ed".  Well, she must be feeling better to get a little humor back.  Corrine needed a model for one of the paintings she is working on. Kate wasn't very willing at first, but Corrine paid her with chocolate.  I'll do almost anything for chocolate. Too bad Im not cute.
Because we needed to stick close to home to keep an eye on the girls, we decided to get the garden in. The rest of the family worked really hard over the weekend to get things planted.


I love the feeling of being in the back yard in the spring time. I just love the chickens, and the playground... I really do love everything about it.

While we were working in the garden, the neighbors horse came to visit Kate. This girl has no fear. She just reached out and started petting him. She has informed us she wants to add a real horse to her list of birthday wishes. Great.

Saturday Keith took Jakob, Hayden and Kate to a car show.  Before Kate left she said "ohhh, I hope its a good show!".  Uh... not that kind of show.
Today we were able to attend the re dedication of the Jordan River Temple. I am so very excited for this temple to open.  My little Oquirrh temple has been so crazy. There were so many people and the lines were crazy long and it was so crowded. I will admit I used this as an excuse and didn't go to the temple once a week like I had been. Im using this dedication as a chance to rededicate myself....
I am looking forward to our first official week of summer vacation. Im looking forward to summer mornings in the garden. Im looking forward to summer evenings around the fire pit.  And Im looking forward to my weekly trips to the quiet and slower pace of the temple.  We might have less wisdom around here these days, but its ok.

No comments: