Why does it seem like the shortest month of the year takes the longest to pass? Im not a fan of February. I am grateful this month is filled with spring like weather. Im also grateful it has the Olympics. That should help us pass through a few days! Here are some random things we have been up to the past couple of weeks. Im trying to take each kid on a lunch date. This time it was Haydens turn.
He picked Panda Express.
The kid LOVES himself some Panda Express.While there I asked him how school was going and what he liked best. Our conversation when like this:
Me: Hayden, how is school going? What do you like? What don't you like?
Hayden: Wait.... did you ask Corrine and Sariah about school at their lunch dates?
Me: Yes. Why?
Hayden: ITS A TRAP! I knew it!! I knew this would be a trap.
In my mind... yes, Im that brilliant. Will the lunch dates continue despite "the trap"? Yes. We can all be bought. Everyone has a price. Haydens is Panda Express. Because the weather has been so spring like, the kids have been spending a lot of time outside. This really helps with my February blues. They have been working on "Hogwarts" outside. Sariah is taking still shots of different scenes using her buildings and legos and then she turns it into a little movie on the computer. Its all pretty creative if you ask me.
We are DEEP into robot season. We have just over a week left to build the robot. Things are going pretty good... but it will be a long week. Its already been a long 5 weeks. Everyone at our house is getting rather exhausted.
Jakob is deep into 14 hard credit hours at the U. He seems to be doing pretty good. He wasn't happy about a liberal leaning paper he had to write and his physics class is keeping him up at night, but for the most part, things are going well. While running errands, I passed this Bronco. Keith and Jakob love these. They want one more than Hayden wants Panda Express.
Because the weather is so nice, I've been thinking about planting the garden and working outside in the yard. I even took it one step past working and put this binder together. Before you are super impressed, I haven't actually written in the binder. Im pretty sure it will sit on the counter till gardening season 2047 and then Corrine will throw it away for me.
We are working our way through February. I think we will make it. Then, intense robot competition begins! Robot plans:
When the top secret robot stuff is done, I'll post some better pictures of it.








No comments:
Post a Comment