Life has really been a roller coaster this past week! Keith and Corrine finished up the building part of the robots competition. They had 6 weeks to build a robot and the last week has been rough! They have been gone till 1 in the morning each night and all day on Saturdays and on Presidents Day.
Last night, the rules of the competition required them to "bag and tag" the robot! They can't touch it now until competition next week. They had some highs and lows building the robot. Hopefully he will be a good little robot at competition! These kids (and mentors) put in so many hours, blood, sweat and tears into this project. It is a high point to finish up and be able to hang out with such a good group of people! I am so excited for the competition next week!!
On Monday, Presidents Day, Keith took the day off of work to help the kids with the robot. We had the second snow storm of the season on Monday morning. It sure made the roads a mess. Sadly, someone hit our car on the freeway. Keith was driving and had Corrine, Sariah and a couple of other team members with him. He spent over an hour in the snow with UHP.
We were able to get a rental car through the other guys insurance. This is nice and helpful, but not as much as you would think. The car that was totaled is the car that Corrine drives. She can't drive the rental since she isn't 21. I know, I sound like Im complaining. Maybe I am. We have enough cars, but not a great solution for her to drive. I think we will be car shopping this coming weekend.
Im not a fan of the snow. I realize we only had 2 big snow storms this year, but Im ready for spring. Not summer... but spring. Real spring. Car accidents are a low point of the roller coaster. Kids happily playing in the snow is a high point.
Another high point, I won a major award! I seriously won. I've never won anything my entire life... until this month. I won some stuff from DoTerra and then I won a $50 gift card from my dentist. I'll bet your dentist isn't as cool as mine!
Happy Birthday to me! Im so excited! What will I do? Why does a gift of $50 seem like a million? I feel like a kid in the candy store. The world of Amazon is in my hands..... Hummm....





No comments:
Post a Comment