Friday, February 16, 2018

Lunch Dates

Today was Kates turn for the mom and kiddo lunch date. She has been looking forward to this for several weeks. She was especially excited to go to McDonalds and go INSIDE and eat. Woah!  Special. We tried out the kiosk to order. I was excited that my contact with humans I don't know was very minimal!
Kate said "we got to pick the pictures of what we wanted instead of them telling us what we are getting!"  Yes. Yes, thats exactly how it worked. So, the computer gave her a happy meal, which the lady at the counter has NEVER done.
After we ate and had a nice little chat, Kate requested to play in the play area.  Holy cow. Its been a while since I've been inside a McDonalds. Apparently, they have issues with safety.  Thank you lawyers. This place was so safe. There was no way a kid was going to fall.  There was no way a kid could get on the outside of the slide. As a mother I appreciate this. Im sad kids these days won't have the chance to take their lives into the own hands every time they go to a McDonalds.... oh wait.... I guess eating there is still enough of a risk. Maybe we can only be so risky in one day.
Kate had fun. I didn't tell her it was boring due to the lack of danger. She found a friend, so she didn't need danger. At least, for a while.
She was a little upset when it was time to go. After an hour of playing I told her it was time to head home. She said "Wait! You never said going home was part of the deal!" Uh, Im not living at McDonalds. She did tell me she had fun and that it wasn't fair that the other kids got another turn to go before she could go again. I loved spending time with her today!
Corrine also had a lunch date. I won't share a ton of details, but I need to share enough for us to remember.  Also, I consider it to be my duty to issue a warning to those considering dating Corrine.  You are welcome for these tips.
1) Communication DOES matter. Don't ask her out and then give her NO DETAILS for 2 weeks before the date and she has to ask you the night before whats going on.
2) If you can't take her shooting, picking games was a wise choice. Sadly you picked it because you thought you could win.  Your mistake.
3)Don't insult your date WHILE ON the date. Telling her she is too dumb to play a game might be a bad idea.  Although, if you are going to insult her, it was pretty smart to not take her shooting. I'll give you that.
4) Taking her home right after she wins the game is just funny. Well played. Well played.

Its safe to say my lunch date went better than Corrines. However, I hope those 4 tips help those considering dating Corrine.

I enjoyed my date.  She didn't insult me once.  Kate has been into rating people on a percentage. Usually Im right around 97%.  Today she told me I was 100%. Im good with that.

No comments: