Thursday, February 15, 2018

Happy Valentines Day!

There are a few times that I wonder if my kids are missing out by not going to school. Valentines day is a day that maybe they miss out, but I LOVE that they are homeschooled on this day. I LOVE that I feel zero pressure to come up with a "themed box" for valentines.  Holy cow. I see pictures of some pretty elaborate boxes and Im so grateful I don't have to do that. I have zero creativity and zero desire to do anything elaborate. So, the night before our valentines party, my kids got these boxes:
Yep. I might be a little embarrassed, but not much. They each spent time writing their own names on all of the valentines. Im happy.
I also had to do a funeral luncheon for 100 people on Valentines Day, so I was very pre-occupied with things other than Valentines  Day. I am grateful to my friend Betsy that hosted the party so I fulfill  my responsibilities with the funeral. Im also grateful to Corrine for basically running the house for a couple of days while I did all things funeral.  These kids were happy with the treasures they got at their party so I consider it a win. Because I was so tired after the funeral, we had pizza. Kate requested "lemon" pizza aka pineapple.
There is less than one week left of the robot build. Keith left for work about 6:30 in the morning and didn't get home until after 1am. I wonder if he even knew it was Valentines Day. Actually, I wonder if  he even knows we are into February.  He can tell you how many more hours they have left to finish the robot though (and the answer to that is NOT ENOUGH).  Its ok. My Valentines gift to him was that I didn't mention Valentines to him. 

No comments: