Sunday, December 4, 2016

Christmas Kick Off

This was the first weekend in December and we kicked off Christmas in style. Thursday, Corrine played the piano at the Festival of the Trees. I enjoyed listening to her play.
Afterward, we decided to wander around and check out the trees.
Kate was drawn to every single pink tree.
She and Hayden really liked this Grinch tree..... I'll admit, I think its pretty cute.... the tree and the kids. Kate lost Jakob so she has been a little extra clingy to Hayden.
I might have been a little more emotional than was really necessary over this display.
Friday we had our ward party. Corrine played the part of an Angel in the Christmas program.
This is our primary singing Away in a Manger. Hayden and Kate practiced this song for days and days. Its so cute hearing them sing it. Yes, I realize the size of our primary is rather small. I like it that way.
This is the young men and young women singing. We were missing a few, but this is about it for that group.... again, I realize its small, but I like it that way.
I felt the spirit while at the ward party. What I felt more was this sense of community. I felt so close to these people. They all knew we had heartache with Jakob being gone. They were all so sweet. I felt that this is what every child needs.  Every child needs to be in the nativity play put together by a fellow church member. Every child needs to have the bishopric hand them a candy cane.
One of my sweet friends in the ward brought me this the morning after Jakob left. She knew I was having a rough day and that would extend into a rough week. Im so grateful for inspired and thoughtful people. Again, what would we do with out that feeling of community and family that can be found in a ward family?
This evening we had the sisters come watch the First Presidency Christmas Devotional. There is something comforting about taking care of the missionaries. There was also some comfort in the thought that Jakob would be watching the devotional along with us. I would like to think he was anyway.

No comments: