http://monterreymiracles.blogspot.com/
Last night after Jakob got set apart we came home to finish packing. Kate WOULD NOT leave Jakobs side. It was sad and cute.
In January, the primary kids were challenged to read the Book of Mormon this year. We decided to read it as a family. About a month ago, we decided that we wanted to finish it before Jakob left on his mission. We had to cram the last few chapters in. I need to share the scripture that we read RIGHT AFTER getting home from Jakob being set apart as a missionary. Moroni 8:2-3 "My beloved son, Moroni, I rejoice exceedingly that your Lord Jesus Christ hath been mindful of you, and hath called you to his ministry, and to his holy work. I am mindful of you always in my prayers, continually praying unto God the Father in the name of his Holy Child, Jesus, that he, through his infinite goodness and grace will keep you through the endurance of faith on his name to the end."
We did it! We finished the Book of Mormon as a family! Hayden made his goal. It was pretty awesome to finish it up as a family.
We had lots of laughs and tears as we enjoyed our last evening together. Keith found some of his old missionary tags. It was fun for the kids to see them. He sent a tag with Jakob.... I guess I can say I have my first "tag" picture?
As I was putting Kate to bed, she said "I want to be a missionary in Monterrey Mexico so that I don't have to miss Jakob." Ugh. Its rough. This morning she got out of bed and went right to him. She was pretty clingy while we said our good byes.
Keith took Jakob to the airport on his way to work. Im glad we didn't have that scene on the sidewalk in the freezing cold.
Kate sought comfort through a cupcake.
Hayden and I shoveled the snow on the driveway.
Its strange. The best way to feel better is to get to work and go through the motions of routine. But, it feels so wrong that the world didn't stop. I don't want to get to work or go through the routine. I want to go to bed and cry. Im guessing today is the hardest day of them all. Im glad its just about over.












No comments:
Post a Comment