Sunday, December 18, 2016

December craziness

December is crazy! Corrine had a debate tournament. This girl worked so hard preparing for it! She had to be prepared to answer a question about Trumps picks for his administration, know about the death of Castro, and the plague of fake news. She then had 30 minutes to prepare a 7 minute memorized speech based on those questions. She had no idea until the 30 minutes started what the questions would be. Corrine had  goal of coming in the top 6 when she went to the debate. This girl took FIRST!!  First place. Yes, I might be proud.
We were able to go see Rouge One with the kids. Keiths work bought out the theater. The movie did not disappoint. I was a little sad Jakob couldn't be there.... but it will be fun watching it with him when he gets home. Im sure we will have seen it 1000 times by then and the other kids could just quote it to him. The rest of us enjoyed the popcorn and the theater experience. Its not something we do very often.
The kids have been spending a lot of time trying to figure out the Christmas Code. I love this tradition. I don't love the fighting, but I do love it when the kids work together to solve a problem. Its funny how close to the code the younger kids get. Hummm.

What IS the code?!

No comments: